The Grocery Foundation– “Toonies for Tummies Newsletter WIN 1 of 5 Grocery Gift Cards”
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY – “Toonies for Tummies Newsletter WIN 1 of 5 Grocery Gift Cards” Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Charitable Foundation of the Ontario Grocery Industry Operating as The Grocery Foundation with offices at 5399 Eglinton Ave W suite 105, Etobicoke, ON M9C 5K6. Contest begins at 12:00:01 am (EST) on February 10, 2023 and ends on 05:00:01 pm (EST) February 24, 2023 (the "Contest Period").
To enter, participants must provide their first name, last name, city and agree to receive communication from The Grocery Foundation.
*Names must be of the entrant only; must not infringe on any third-party’s rights; may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations; may not contain any reference to any third party trademarks, names or third party logos. Entries containing false information, prohibited material or inappropriate content, as determined by the Sponsors, in its sole discretion, may be disqualified. The Sponsors makes the final determination as to what entries are eligible to take part in this Contest.
Entries must be received during the Contest Period. Sponsors will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected or late entries, which will be void.
- There are (5) prizes in total to be awarded, each consisting of (1) Grocery Gift card (from one of the following companies based on the province where the winner resides: Metro, Food Basics, Sobeys). The approximate value of the Prize is [$100] CAD. The Prize is non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted for cash (other than at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). Arrangements for Prize delivery will be confirmed with the winner by e-mail or telephone. The Prize will only be released to the verified winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- A random draw will be conducted from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period to select the Prize winner on February 27, 2023 at approximately 10:30 am (ET) at The Grocery Foundation with offices at 5399 Eglinton Ave W suite 105, Etobicoke, ON M9C 5K6. The Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact the selected entrant by email for a period of two (2) business days following the draw date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, he/she is no longer eligible to win the Prize and the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select at random another eligible entrant whom the Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who shall in turn be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. The odds of being selected for the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- In order to be declared a winner, the potential winner of the Prize must correctly answer, unassisted, whether mechanical or otherwise, an arithmetic skill-testing question; and will be required to complete, sign and return to the Sponsor a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a Release of Liability within three (3) business days of delivery of same by the Sponsor, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and regulations and releasing the Sponsor, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, any Contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability of any kind in connection with the Contest, or occurring as a result of the Prize being awarded. No participant will be declared a winner until his/her compliance with these Contest Rules has been verified. Declaration of Compliance and Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated on the documents or as requested by the Sponsor or its representative, or the Prize will be forfeited.
The winner irrevocably authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, address, photograph, likeness or other image, voice and/or statements, in connection with any advertising, promotion, publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment, marketing and information purposes at no compensation (other than the Prize) to the winner.
- To enter and be eligible to win, an entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and 19 years of age or older at the time of entry in the Contest.
Before being declared a winner, selected entrants and their guests must sign a Declaration of Compliance and Release documents, confirming his/her eligibility and compliance with the Contest Rules and releasing the Released Parties from any and all liability arising from: (i) participation in the Contest; (ii) acceptance of the prizes as awarded; and (iii) the administration of the Contest and distribution of the prizes awarded herein.
- If the identity of an entrant/winner is disputed, the entrant/winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the applicable e-mail account is registered. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor's network equipment.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded. They may not be transferred or substituted for cash, another prize or otherwise (other than at the sole discretion of the Sponsors). The Sponsors reserves the right, for any reason whatsoever, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize of equivalent monetary value or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded as described. The Prize will only be delivered to the verified winner. Arrangements for Prize delivery will be confirmed with the winner by e-mail or telephone.
- All decision(s) of the Contest Judges, who may be employees of the Sponsors or its affiliates or independent contractors, are final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Contest, including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries. All entries are the property of the Sponsor.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Judges which are final. Entrants who have not complied with these Contest Rules are subject to disqualification. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to save and hold harmless the Sponsors, their affiliates, the suppliers of the Prize and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents from any and all liability for harm which the winner may suffer as a result of participation in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Contest Rules and acceptance and use of the Prize, and the winner agrees to sign the Sponsor's form(s) of Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability and Publicity Release documentation (see Rule 4 above) in this regard before receiving his/her Prize. The Sponsor shall not bear any liability arising from or in any way relating to the Contest or the Prize awarded.
- The Sponsors assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled, undelivered, damaged or misdirected entries or for any technical problems of any kind affecting the operation or administration of this Contest, including, without limitation, any technical malfunction or failure of, or any other problem with, any computer hardware or software or any telephone network or lines or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period. The Sponsor will not be responsible for any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest.
- This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws.