Recipe Contest: Chicken Parm & Salad
For the Chicken, you will need:
- 4 Maple Leaf Prime Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Kellogg’s Cornflakes
- ½ cup Triscuit Roasted Garlic crackers
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ - 1 cup Burnbrae Egg Creations - Eggs with Yolks
- 1 cup Hunts heirloom tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup shredded Balderson Aged Cheddar Cheese
For the salad, you will need:
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
For the garlic bread, you will need:
- Sobeys Compliments Baguette, cut into rounds
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried italian seasoning
1.Preheat oven to 375°F
2.Using a food processor, blitz together Cornflakes and Triscuit crackers until they’re a fine crumb
3.Prepare your breading station with 3 shallow bowls in the following order (same order as you will bread in)
Bowl 1: Flour
Bowl 2: Eggs
Bowl 3: Cornflake & Triscuit Crumbs
Then, bread each piece of chicken and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 25 minutes.
1.In the meantime, create your sauce by combining crushed tomatoes, italian seasoning & garlic in a small bowl. Then, shred the cheese to ensure it’s ready when the chicken is.
2.Prepare the garlic butter by mixing together butter, garlic and italian seasoning. Using a brush, coat one side of each baguette round with the butter. Place on baking sheet, and set aside until chicken has completed its first 25 minutes in the oven!
3.After 25-minutes, remove the chicken and top with sauce & cheese. Put the chicken back in the oven, with the garlic bread to bake for 5 - 7 minutes until chicken is cooked through, and garlic bread is toasted and golden brown.
4.Prepare the salad by tossing fresh arugula in the juice of ½ a lemon (adding more if needed) olive oil, salt & pepper. Serve to the side of the hot chicken & garlic bread!